The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) are overseeing the implementation of a series of projects to restore and protect wildlife habitat and water quality, and increase recreational opportunities at Onondaga Lake.
Project highlights include:
- Connecting the Erie Canal Trail from Camillus to Onondaga Lake
- Extending the Loop-the-Lake Trail
- Creating over 100 acres of native grassland habitat
- Providing increased access for fishing and boating
- Preserving wetlands, restoring habitat, and conserving more than 1,400 acres within the Onondaga Lake watershed
For more details visit the FWS website.